Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Why I want to make a xc summer camp

Why I want to start a XC camp


With the addition of cross country in middle school our running program for Hoisington is bound to take a jump and that is what it did last year. From a team that is usually a joke and not taken seriously to dang near making state. Just missing due to an injury of one of our athletes. I have a passion for running but it was burnt out my junior year. I regained it my Senior year having a serious team with serious goals. It made it so much more enjoyable for my team and I. It pushed me everyday to harder limits because I knew I wasn't only running for myself anymore, I was running for the people beside me.

With that being said the middle schoolers are also having great success and I want to make running more enjoyable for them and help them find the true joy in running. I was actually driving home the other day and I saw one of the middle school girls running and it made me smile to think of what this town can actually achieve in this sport. Just imagine if she wasn't running alone, if she had a running buddy or buddies. It makes it easier to run when you have someone with you.

Putting all my thoughts together and Mrs.Feist giving me the idea I am gonna create a schedule and list of things for a summer cross country camp. This is a great idea because if you're not running in the summer before cross country you missed out. We have no summer camp or even summer practice. I would make myself go run but find it hard because it just gets boring alone. It would be easier to run with your friends while you go out and do other things too! Just for a week or two I could have everyone interested in cross country  from fifth or sixth grade all the way to the upcoming seniors. I could also have the seniors kind of be assistants to me and help me run the camp. 

I would take them to Lake Wilson because there is a lot of mountainous trails up there and a great view and atmosphere to run while also being a great place to do other things. I could take them swimming, go on hikes, climb the biggest mountain, hold competitions and anything I can think of as I get my idea sorted out.

1 comment: