Friday, January 31, 2020

How to make this camp possible

How could I make this camp possible? I need to learn a lot about how camps are ran, how to keep the kids busy, and how to make it possible for me to run it without exhausting myself. One of my ideas I already mentioned is to have the seniors help me run it, but I will also have assistants to help me out with this. I mentioned it would be held at Lake Wilson so I would have to rent out cabins for the kids and my team to stay in. I would put tape on the kids doors and windows at night to make sure they don't run free at night. 

I would also offer a list of ideas to my team and have them help me expand and improve the list for the week of camp. Of course there will be running. Gladly I've already ran and walked at Lake Wilson before and know the trails. They are long, hilly, and fun if you're not forced at a fast pace. The view is nice especially with the nature being so full and bright in the summer. I would hold competitions and also possibly a triathlon race just for the fun of it. I will have a dodgeball tournament, rope climbing, and rope swinging into the lake and see who can climb the fastest and swing the farthest. Having small prizes for all. I could also have a dance on the last day.

One idea that would work is to have a frisbee golf tournament and after you throw it you run to your frisbee as fast as you can and try to make it as fast as you can and still in as few shots as you can. Putting those two aspects together and somehow get a scoring system set up for that.

I will teach them the daily aspects of being a runner and the dedication, nutrition, motivation, discipline, hard work, and toughness it takes to be a runner. 

Just hopefully I can keep them busy because right now I may fall short of the schedule and run out of things to do.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it sounds like you'd run out of things to do! I think the real challenge here is not running too much? Don't forget to schedule them some rest/free time each day!

    Costs are other things to look at, and how will you feed them out there? Good challenges!

    ReplyDelete