Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Starting the preparation

I figured it was time to make a poster so I used Canvas' website to create mine and I personally think it worked out great.



I am thinking about upping the price because I am feeding these kids for a whole week and I don't know if that will work unless I buy food in large quantities for every camper. I would also give the kids fundraisers to go and try to raise money to make this easier for them and I could give them a free shirt for doing so. 

I got another idea to use up some of our time! I could have the kids go fishing if they want and whoever doesn't just have some free time to hang out with the other campers. I will have these kids run twice a day and give them some free time every day to make my day and my assistants days easier. I think right now I have a pretty full schedule and can now focus on prices of items such as resting areas, food, and all other expenses. 

I think this is gonna work out fine and I could see this as a real opportunity to present to a coach or maybe run this myself someday. It is a great way to take kids out in the nature and show them it while also preparing for cross country. 

1 comment:

  1. Poster looks great! Another thing to look into: insurance, cost of housing them at the cabins, availability of cabins (if you're using the cabins), and you can probably even make a menu focused on the nutrition you want them to work on and price out those items thanks to online shopping!

    ReplyDelete